· Nearly 300 persons registered for and/or participated in the historic joint conference.
· Twelve speakers/entertainers provided informational presentations as well as entertainment.
· Over $90,000 was raised for the conference from the sponsors, contributors and registration.
· Radisson Plaza Hotel was totally accessible to Deaf and Hard of Hearing guests. The event manager was fluent in ASL!
· Important motions passed at the MDA general meeting: 1) Seeking funds to train Deaf/HH people on Interpreter Rules and Regulations; 2) MDA taking active role in empowering and advocating for Deaf Senior Citizens; 3) Suspended one year membership requirement to hold an office in MDA; 4) MDA to set up Community Action Plan.
· New officers: President-Todd Morrison; 1st Vice-President-Kat Vogtmann; 2nd Vice-President-Jill Schefke; Secretary-open; Treasurer-Steven Chu (temporary); Membership Coordinator-Jackie McCall; Public Relations-Open; Region 1 Rep. Susie Parnes and Dallas Barker; Region 2 Rep: Ron Hartman and Open; Region 3 Rep: Open; Region 4 Rep: Phillip Williams and Carole Mehling.
· Next conference site: Mackinac City in 2015.